Saturday, April 6, 2013

One year ago today . . .

There is nothing quite like watching God script a love story between a man and a woman given to Him.  It's breathtaking.  It's beautiful.  It's inspiring.  It calls my heart to worship.  It draws my eyes to my heavenly Beloved.  It reminds me of His love, of His grace, of His goodness, of His creativity, of His delight to make His nature and His ways known through His people.

One year ago today I had the privilege of being the maid of honor at my sister's wedding, and I will forever cherish the memories from that day and the days leading up to it.  Hannah and Josh displayed Jesus in every step of their relationship, and their marriage ceremony was so obviously given to Him and centered around Him.  It truly was an honor to be part of their special day and to be up close as they joined their lives together for His glory.

A lot has changed for Hannah and Josh in the past year--they've bought a house, Josh has a new job, they welcomed Marian Grace into the world just over a month ago.  But one thing hasn't changed--they are still centered around Christ, given to Him in day to day life, and they still sincerely desire for Him to be seen and glorified through their lives and marriage.

Happy first anniversary, Hannah and Josh!  Thank you for your continued example and encouragement.  Thank you for being witnesses and for pressing me deeper into the depths of our God.  I love you!



1 comment: